Your face is flushed, you feel sick and your palms are sweaty. It‘s either exam – time or you’re about to go into an interview. But there is no reason to be stressed. The key to success is good preparation. If you’ve done a bit of research about the company, been honest in your application and rehearsed a few standard questions, you should be fine. Below are some points that can be followed to improve one’s chances:
1) Before you go, try and find out something about the company. You could ask for some company literature or access the company website. This makes you look keen;
2) Find out how to get there, and have a trial run if possible;
3) On the interview day, give yourself plenty of time to get to the place. Being late, no matter what the reason, is very bad start;
4) Dress smartly. Not all job interviews require a suit and tie, but be clean and tidy at the very least. No chewing gum;
5) Speak clearly and shake the interviewer’s hand firmly when you meet him. Smile and make eye contact.
6) Be enthusiastic, but don’t gush or ramble. And certainly don’t lie;
7) At the end, thank the interviewer for their time.