Monday, November 19, 2012

HOW CAN WE PUT SENSE IN HEADS OF SOME TAXI DRIVERS?

This morning, I was required to be in someone's office by 7.30am. My fear was the traffic jam. before 6.00am, I was at Kajjansi Stage. I got a taxi shortly, but my 1st surprise was the conductor who wanted us to sit 4 so that we pay shs 1,000 to Kampala. I objected, and at least we sat 3 on my row. When we reached around Mildmay, the driver was overtaking at that very bad part of Entebbe Highway as vehicles towards Entebbe are normally at high speed. I cautioned the driver, but again he started overtaking a queue of vehicles. I told him to drop me there! It is not clear what material many of the taxi drivers are built in. There is need to see safety of travelers as priority. William Kituuka. Kiwanuka

No comments:

Post a Comment