Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SMACK OB BRUCE KUTEESA KIKULE HAS PERISHED IN AN ACCIDENT A LONG ENTEBBE HIGHWAY

In the early hours of Tuesday, 22nd January 2013, as Bruce Kuteesa Kikule drove from Kampala and was reaching where the road to Katale starts, a Water tank truck which was ahead of him abruptly reduced speed to branch to join Katale road, and Bruce given his speed entered the truck and he died on spot!
I knew Bruce in the course of last year when he came back from Japan and was staying with his mother, Mrs Kikule. I feel attached to the Late Kikule's family given that Kikule was my godfather from my baptism. I therefore spare time and call on Mrs Kikule, more so that she gets health problems given her age.
I took interest in Bruce when I learnt that he was an Old Boy of St. Mary's College Kisubi. Less than a week ago, I called to see Mrs Kikule and I found Bruce out behind the main house. We had some good time, and since it had got dark, we entered the main house. Bruce's last words to me were, "Let me go and put the car into the garage."
Early Tuesday, I went to Entebbe to see a Doctor who is an Old Boy of SMACK. We had good time and the Doctor gave me a lift up to Kampala. Traffic was slow, and we realized that at Katambwa, there had been an accident. Little did I know that my OB and friend had perished there and then.
It is sad, more so that Bruce has been handy to help take her mother to a health facility whenever the mother has found her health in bad shape. She sincerely needs your prayers. The Golf car in which Bruce died was just two weeks old! The site of the car at the Police post next to Roofings tells all the story. The occupants could not have survived.
Bruce was making developments in estate and undertaking agriculture (growing vegetables) below is the vehicle he was using in the developments as well as the concrete works at his parents' residence at Bweya - off Kajjansi Trading Centre (8 miles Entebbe Highway).
We need to pray for the relatives of Bruce, more so that the burial had to be done quickly yet many are out of the country.
In the photo above, it is Canon Musiwufu, who happens to be a 'muko' (his wife the one he is with in the photo is a daughter of the Late Kikule and Mrs Kikule of Bweya) who said the last prayers by the grave side before Bruce Kutesa Kikule was put in his final resting place at the family burial ground at Bweya.
Bruce's final resting place "Bruce Kuteesa Kikule weeraba" 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 William Kituuka Kiwanuka
SCRIPTURES WHICH BRING HOPE John 11:25-26 (New International Version) 25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" 1 Timothy 6:7 (World English Bible) For we brought nothing into the world, and we certainly can't carry anything out Job 1:21 (English Standard Version) And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Romans 8:38-39 (English Standard Version) 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Lamentations 3:22-23 (New International Version) 22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. You can refer to the link below by putting it into your browser: http://goodgovernancepractice.blogspot.com/2013/01/it-is-true-smack-ob-bruce-kuteesa.html

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I knew Bruce between 2003 and 2008. We lost touch due to busy schedules of life. 2 days ago I was trying to find his whereabouts and was shocked to find that he had passed on. My sincere condolences to his family. Bruce was a good friend, funny and passionate about this country. He will be dearly missed.

    ReplyDelete