Saturday, December 8, 2012

I CRIED TEARS TO LEARN THAT THE PATIENT I VISITED ON WEDNESDAY GOT HER LEG AMPUTATED FOR TETANUS AT MULAGO

On Monday this week, I got a call informing me that a daughter of my cousin had been knocked down Kireka side as she tried to get some income by the roadside. A boy who did not have qualifications to drive, I was told knocked her together with her daughter. The daughter was taken to different place as the mother was admitted to Mulago. On Wednesday, I was able to check on the patient and I thought she was okay. Just on Friday around lunch hours, I was told the poor girl/woman had got her leg amputated. I was later to learn that she had contracted Tetanus! I find it hard to blame the medical people at Mulago and many of these hospitals, because, I believe, under the pathetic situation they work in. many do their level best. I cannot establish as of now whether the patient had not been given a Vaccine, but I wish to appeal to those our leaders who waste money into politics, that they need to turn to God, and serve the people. Any person could even forget to administer a vital vaccine because of the circumstances these people work under. For those of us who were in class with current doctors, we appreciate that these people deserve more, but many of our politicians don't. I wish to appreciate all the medical people who try their level best under the Uganda circumstances to save lives. You are our heroes. And to the young woman whose leg is no more, I wish to pray that she gets to recover. There is nothing else to do. We have parents who are careless with vehicles and many other drivers who do things that eventually are termed as carelessness. I have one thing, can t those in authority do much more for the saving of lives. William Kituuka Kiwanuka

No comments:

Post a Comment