Tuesday, July 17, 2012

TAKING ADVANTAGE OF BUCADEF OFFER TO DEVELOP AGRICULTURE AT NAMUTAMBA

On a serious note, I have been at Bulange Mengo. I have had opportunity to talk to Jesca Ssendagire the Acting Chief Executive Director of Buganda Cultural and Development Foundation (BUCADEF). The subject matter of out talk was whether BUCADEF had some programmes in Mityana district. Madam Jesca told me that they actually do. If we want them to give a push to our farmers, we should get organized come up with areas we wish they should interene. She told me that whether they currently are, some land was availed for demonstration purposes. The ball is in our goal we either get moving or we lag on. I kindly wish to appeal to Mr. Nshimye our councilor to the disrict to do the needful in mobilizing our farmers. The modern technologies they may need can all be delivered by Madam Jesca. I am of the opinion that if there is no available land for Demonstration purposes, a reach out should be made to the Church with the authority and cooperation of our Bishop so that we get some land from both the Teachers' College and the Demonstration School. I am hopeful that those on ground at Namutamba will do something to see our people bailed. William Kituuka Kiwanuka

No comments:

Post a Comment