Friday, June 10, 2011

DAVID MUSOKE PASSES ON LEAVING US TO FIGHT ON FOR A BETTER UGANDA





Musoke the Late now for quite long was identified with a Mercedes Benz car
Early this morning while listening to CBS Kalisoliso programme I learnt of the Shocking news of the death of David Musoke who on my mailing list had his email as: (musokedavid@hotmail.com)

It is sad and a great loss indeed. I used to meet David around Makerere University and once in a while he would tell me how he had taken sometime without getting an email from me. He has been a jolly man and the type who would wish to see Uganda a better country. None of us can ever know that his/her end is about.
To the family members and relatives, "May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead."
"May the good Lord who gave Uganda David Musoke give his soul eternal peace."
William Kituuka Kiwanuka
By Jeff Lule
VETERAN journalist David Musoke died yesterday. He collapsed while attending a function organised by the United Nations Population Fund at Hotel Africana in Kampala.
Musoke is said to have collapsed while walking out of the conference room.
He was rushed to Mulago Hospital where he was confirmed dead on arrival.
Musoke was a lecturer of public relations at Makerere University and an economist.
He worked as a reporter and also business editor of New Vision in the early 1990s.
He also worked as a telecaster for the Uganda Television, now Uganda Broadcasting Cooperation.

4 comments:

  1. May His soul rest in peace. I met him at MUK during the public speaking competitions. Recently this year, i met him at Mulago Hospital in a jovial mood. He told me that he was heading to the maternity ward , to meet his new grand child. I had a sick relative. God gives God takes away. Lets thank God for the blessed life, the fact that he saw his grand children and lived a full life. There is a time for everything, a time to be born and a time to die physically. Through Jesus, we have life- Amen Bibian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where as death deprives family and friends of a loved one , it cannot blind us to the actions of individual people .
    I worked in "New Vision" Newspaper from 1996-99, and David Musoke was a member of the Senior Staff . I can honestly say that I have never met a person who was so anti- Buganda and its institutions in the Media . He was a man who posed as a Musoga , but would prentend to be a Muganda when it suited him . But he hated Buganda's
    position and he worked against it.
    The Basoga - from whom he came should mourn .
    The Baganda - Should let him sleep , and pass on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was the most jovial lecturer I had ever met while I pursued my Mass Comm degree at MUK. We(my class 07-10) knew him for his 'kampagana' instead-of-campaign catch phrase! May the Almighty rest his soul in eternal peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never walked past David Musoke without him wearing a smile,my transcript has that A because of him and his really educative public speaking lessons.He called me his mother he said i shared his mothers name(Matama) i loved it when he met me along the corridors and called my mother and i responded Yes my son.U left a gap that can't be filled special condolences to the family,friends and the department of journalism and communication.RIP David

    ReplyDelete