Monday, April 5, 2010

I am grateful to Mubende District


When we were in Primary Seven at Namutamba Demonstration School in Mityana Sub-district then; our class teacher told us that Mubende district had 10 bursaries for the best 10 pupils at Primary Leaving Examinations.

It did not take long and we had to sit Primary Leaving Exams towards the end of 1973. Little did I know that I would be among those to qualify for the district bursaries. Shortly after admission at St. Mary’s College Kisubi, I learnt from Brother Anthony Kyemwa our headmaster that Mubende district was to contribute shs 450 per year out of shs 650 school fees which we were required to pay every year!

I must say, I am most grateful to Mubende district. Though I have not had opportunity to work directly in the district, I am committed to the welfare of the people of Uganda, and currently my mission is to see good governance a reality in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment